Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The night before the day that would never come....

Well, for a decision that only took eight years to make - the time has come (in fairness - the decision was probably made long before - it just took a number of years to do anything about it!).

Sat here at Mum's, obsessing, re-packing, checking... "Passport - check, tickets - check, pounds - check, paranoid disposition - roger that". But not feeling too bad. Hell of a build up - but feeling like I have seen all the people I needed to (apologies to any jilted lovers and overlooked others).

Anyways - by way of welcome, this will be where I throw down my thoughts, experiences and musings of the wider world and the different types we share it with. A collection of observations and the odd (I am picking very odd) tale of woe no doubt.

Kathryn is picking me up from the airport (at 6am bless her cottons) and we'll take it from there. Dinner with Kathryn, Mark and Mands tomorrow night should be a cracking start to the whole trip.

Assuming I get there....