Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Ah well, one tries not to disappoint

I had a bit of an msn sess with Kiwigirl yesterday - and given what she posted on her blog re that particular engagement, it is fair to say I didn't let the side down...
And on a less mouse focussed note, ended up chatting to Frit for about another two hours this afternoon. And as usual, the entertainment levels did not disappoint. He definitely has a way over msn. The most surprising thing about our conversations is that they are never seedy. We never talk about sex. We never insinuate anything about sex. And yet, I never actually get bored of msning Frit. Anyway - we will of course never actually meet. Because - I mean - why would you actually want to meet someone that you have chatted to over msn for the past 12 months, whose blog you have read for the past 12 months and when you live in the same city. Silly idea really.
Is a lack of talk about sex so unusual as to be noteworthy? If so - what is a suitable opening gambit? A husky; 'wot you got on?' seems a little ikky. Suggestions welcome. (Jaco - 'no' to whatever it is you are thinking).

Any rational person would have to ask why we have not actually met?

If I bump into a rational person - I will be sure to ask them.