Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Friday, April 22, 2005

From Singapore Airport - post dated

Well I'd like to say that I'm half way - but I'm not. In Singapore after the first leg and not shaping up too badly. Beer and fag in hand at the time of writing - so how bad can it be!?

It was sad saying goodbye to Mum at the aiport, but the level of apprehension kep any 'man emotions' in check. Then there was the flight....

All on board with no dramas, then came the tap on the shoulder - oh shit!But no cause for alarm, they just wanted me to move seats. Going from one of the worst seats in the plane (middle of the aisle) to an equally bad one was of little consequence.

Second tap on the shoulder - now what! There were man thanks, no less than four handshakes from an airline suit (you can keep those pal!) - and then a $50USD voucher for the inconvenience (OK pal, I'll keep that).

The flight was OK, with just one look the neighbours on either flank and I silently agreed that friendly conversation was just that - the preserve of friends. So off we went.

You've all been there and know what the next 9 hours were like. The good news is that I am here and the transfer part looks to be a breeze - albeit a 30 degree breeze on the roof top smokers deck.

So an hour here with Mr Heiniken and Mr Hedges for company - then Ms Imovane and I will hopefully sleep our way to London.

As I say, this was written in Singapore - but in the name of blogging honour - I will post it verbatim, unedited and unembellished from Blighty [which he has - Ed].

I fear for my lower back - other tan that - all is well.