Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Toast

What do you get when you put a few thousand Kiwi's and a few dozen wineries together? Answers itself really, all I can say is thank god NZ had the Saturday and Australia the Sunday. I doubt there were too many Aussie accents working in London today.

It was a really good day, weather was nice and my first big buttery chard for ages! What followed for the next 8 hours was fairly predictable - particuarly the outcome, so no need to elaborate on that. Suffice it to say that Scarlett has seen rock bottom (and managed it ably).

What stood out the most was how odd it felt to be surrounded by people, that you didn't know, but all looked familiar. It made you realise just how diverse London is.