Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Am I that bland?

It was a whim. Last night when laying out the kit for today I decided to go for the black suit, black shirt with stripes and no tie. As I say - it was a whim (Dolly - you would call it a moment of madness) - but Lord, did I underestimate the impact that such a trifling decision could make.

Out of the first fifteen people I saw at work - not one did not pass comment. 'Looking dapper' was one such comment. 'My god, you look like James Bond today' was another from a Russian stunner which was very happily received.

But then it dawned on me. If such a mild change could invoke such a response - then what does that say for 'the norm'?

Is my day to day appearance that dull?

I shall ponder that - but in the meantime, tomorrows kit has been laid out.

Black suit, black and white shirt, black and white tie. Black socks, black shoes, black boxers.

I'm not the type to draw attention to myself!

Lesson learnt! ;-)