Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Monday, May 16, 2005

The good folk of Newcastle - MENTALISTS!

This weekends jaunt to Newcastle was the experience I had hoped for, and so much more. We arrived after cruising the length of the country at a relaxed
150 clicks, getting passed by plenty of others, on the three lane M1. They do get some things right the Brits.

Arrived in Newcastle, checked in and went straight down to the Quayside. IT WAS NUTS. There were so many people in crazy outfits - it seemed like every single person was either on a stag or hens night. Surely what we are seeing can't be a standard Saturday night on the Quayside tiles?

Apparently so - this is where the fabric of society comes to get unstiched, and then well stiched up again... The amount and state of the people has to be seen to be believed. I've seen it - so believe me when I say - mentalists! But all good fun.