Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Coincidence? Nup.

"You experience the meaningfulness of coincidences, with increased awareness you realise there are no coincidences. You begin to rely on your own sense that seemingly unconnected events have meaning."

WAYNE DYER
Mum had a heart attack 2 days ago. She was at the golf course, near the car park. There was an ambulance that just happened to be in the car park. The golf course backed onto Middlemore hospital.

Mum was attended to within minutes and was in hospital with some of the best care around within 15 minutes. Words can't express my relief to be able to say that she is making a fantastic recovery - and I have every expectation that Mum will bounce back fully.

I am not going to talk about a 'miracle', or 'devine intervention'. At this stage of my life and growth I don't feel adequately qualified to define my own spirituality. That said, I have often argued that coincidences are merely everyday events that become acknowledged and compound - a 'self fulfulling coincidence' by way of recognition if you like.

But this experience has heightened my acknowledgement of 'an unseen order of things' and reinvigorated my desire to be able to define myself.
"In the most mature of spiritual development, people feel connected to 'an unseen order of things' although they cannot fully define it. They are comfortable with the mystery of the sacred."

M SCOTT PECK
At this stage, Mr Peck - I am very comfortable indeed with the mystery, thank you sir.