Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Dark

Here I am at 4.30pm on a Sunday afternoon having wistfully wasted the day away (more accurately, half the day) and it is dark - night time like. I don’t mind the dark to be honest - I quite like ‘hunkering down’ on a Sunday evening, But I will be interested to see if it starts getting me down over time (as many people have promised me it will).

I had my first big sleep since starting work today. 1pm out of bed, couple of coffees, shower and then out the door. Bus up to Swiss Cottage - poke around a bookshop or two, step outside, and bugger me - it’s dark.

I’m optimistic that the London gloom won’t get me down - but realistically so. I have always associated darkness with night time - I think I have to recalibrate my thinking for these parts.