Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Transcient - Permanent

Today is the first day back at the desk with the whole team back - and also happens to be my first day here as a permanent employee. This, in effect, means very little - but after being home, buying a one way ticket back here and then signing a permanent contract here - I must say I am feeling a little different.

The trip home was fantastic, to see everyone was brilliant. The kids were well cute (for the most part!) - and it was a great relief to see Mum in the flesh and looking so well.

But there were also a couple of strange feelings as well. I was in NZ living out of a back pack - the majority of my possessions on the other side of the world. I was transferring money from London back to NZ to cover 'my holiday'. And then there was Christmas - looking down on my old place and generally feeling like a bit of a third wheel for the whole thing... I am sure most of it was me winding myself up - but everything lead to a minor 'displacement sensation'!

Which is why I am thinking of getting my own pad over here. Something solid and very much 'mine' is required me thinks! Either that or I could just harden up!