Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Monday, December 19, 2005

All too much...

Not to much to report of the last few days - just more coffee's and wines... I got the full Ozzy on at Jaco's on Saturday night - so expectations have been lived up to...

Ma had some people around last night and felt the impact of my birthday more than I have to date. She has always liked being able to say that she had a boy in his 20's - now that she is unable to claim that - I think she feels she has aged more than I have as a result of my 30th! But she is looking and feeling great - which in itself has made the trip worth while.

There haven't been any real 'moments' of note - just a lot of catching up with people and enjoying the familiarity and connectedness that comes from being with people that you are that close too. That has made me realise how much I miss the knowing looks, little sayings, casual hugs etc when I am in London. That said - I am still looking forward to getting back (and that's despite the call I have just had from K telling me her lap top has been stolen! Bastards!).

Final catch up's with Auckland types tomorrow and then back to Wellies for a few days. Christmas in Wanga-there-is-only-one-Vegas and then back on the bird to London town for what sounds like a New Years Eve at Chez Albert.