Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Squalid

This now rates as news in New Zealand's biggest daily:
Mick Jagger, a mysterious brunette and their late-night conversations

23.04.06
Mick Jagger wines, dines and opens up to a young lovely in his hotel room. The thing is, she was working undercover for the Herald on Sunday. Rachel Clucina reports on an enchanting four nights with a rock star.

So Mick Jagger is lying on the couch beside me in his enormous Auckland hotel suite. He's wearing socks - bright yellow, scare-the-horses socks.

"Mork and Mindy yellow," I suggest. He laughs his deep, horsey, sexy laugh. The night before they'd been black with hot pink and green stripes.

"I love loud socks," he'd said then. At that moment, I loved them, too.
At that moment she loved them too.... Oh dear god. Over hear the trash papers don't hide what they are - I thought The Herald was the 3rd estate? Not to mention the fact that her brief would have doubtlessly been to get into his briefs! Such a spectacular failure wouldn't have scene the print run in The Sun.

If you can't stand the suspense and need to know what happened next - click here. I'll save you some time by telling you what happened next - nothing.

(Hat tip - DPF)