Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Enough to melt the stoniest of hearts!

I had that slightly puffed-up 'post project milestone' sly grin on my face as I made my way home from metropolitan bliss that is Uxbridge last night - to the point where I am sure the woman opposite on the tube alighted a few stops prior to her intended destination.

But it was all innocent enough - I was just contentedly dead headed. So, when I got home I decided it was catch up time with the fam. First call was into Mike/Fran and the boys. Long story short - all is well on all counts.

But the real 'moment' was after a couple of minutes of 'I wike monnnasori and i goes and eat mwy wunch' with Ty (aged just over three), he was given the hurry up by Fran to get his kit sorted. His diction and tone changed completely and he then delivered a clear and authoritative 'Why don't you come home - go to go - bye.'

I swear to god, I was very nearly out the door and on the Piccadilly to Heathrow. Obviously I miss 'my family', but it is the thought of missing all those subtle formative changes in M&F's boys and N&D's girls that really bites. Not been there to influence the impressionable young minds and to (however unwittingly) add some colour and invective to hither to unsullied vocabularies. I must confess, there is almost a sense of loss. [Don't hold back on the dramatics, you go for gold you sensitive boob - Ed]

Anyways - followed that up with a call to Ma and discussed plans for when she is over. Can not wait! Bit of Rome, splash of Greece, and who knows what else.

Will try and call Nick and Sus tonight and complete the catch up circle.