Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Monday, June 26, 2006

No dithering here!

I finally got to the Doctor today and registered with the NHS. The registration was relatively painless - the actual consultation less so.

You see, I was in the slightly dubious position of trying to tell this chap that I needed an operation urgently (preferably before my holiday with Ma to reduce one handed typing time at work) - all well and good.

Doctor: 'So when did this injury occur?'. 'Around Feburary/March' I replied as quick as a flash (coughing '2005' under my breath). 'I'm sorry' said he - 'so am I' said me. He could not quite believe it. But half an hour later he gave in.

'Have you had any other similar injuries?' The question may have been standard enough - but I seized the opportunity to cut short this inquisition. 'Um, well. Dislocated my knee a couple of times. Screwed my back in a car accident. Oh, snapped ligaments in that ankle year before last. Collar bone when about 14. Oh, and fairly chronic RSI in arms. Other than that - can't think of anything just now'.

Blss him - he couldn't get me out of there quick enough. Referral in hand I made my leave. So on current form - should be under the knife sometime in 2007.