Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Oh how things have changed

I'm just watching the BBC News and the reaction to a light plane (or helicoptor) crashing into a New York building is all consuming. It is a tragic accident - absolutely, but so is the train crash in France today.

However - such is the hysteria around anything that you can tag the word terrorism to (not helped by the media) - that what looks to me like a simple accident gets blanket coverage. If it genuine - I will eat humble pie and be duly concerned - but for now I will just changed channel. Probably to the next 'exclusive report'.

UPDATE - No terrorist alarm - the pilot was a private pilot and it was a genuine accident and tragedy. And just to make sure there was a suitably American sub plot - the pilot was a pitcher for the New York Yankees.