Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A people person I am not

I was waiting for my coffee, minding my own business, when some plank stormed up to me 'wayhaying' away and started asking me what I had done to my hand.

His hand was also in a cast - this apparently meant there was some sort of deep connection and bond between us. I then got the full run down on what had happened to him. I would relay his story, but I can't - as I don't know, I wasn't listening.

My question is; why, purely on account of the fact that we both had visible signs of an injury, did he think I would be even remotely interested in what had caused his?

As I said - grumpy!