Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Well I did say I liked big weather

And today we got it. London 'enjoyed' an inner city tornado today - and not far from my pad as well.
Six hurt as tornado hits London

Up to 150 houses and many cars were damaged when the freak weather hit the Kensal Rise area.

One man in his 50s suffered a serious head injury and five were treated for minor injuries and shock.

Fire services have sealed six roads in a zone covering a quarter of a square mile and searched at least 100 homes.

Fire crews were called at about 1100 GMT on Thursday to Chamberlayne Road and surrounding streets, amid reports of collapsed scaffolding and damage to buildings.

















I just wish I had been home at the time. Sad for the people affected - but there is something very impressive when nature goes nuts. Is that weird?!?!?!