Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Game Day

Then came Sunday and I was bouncing around like a coked-up Kangaroo in anticiaption of my St James' park experience. It was wondrous - the whole day.

From getting the colours on and taking photo's outside the front gates, to promptly removing said colours to attend the game itself - in the friggin Chelsea end. I literally woke up this morning with these charming ditties running through my (already delicate) head...
"Have you ever seen Chelsea win the league?, Have you ever seen Chelsea win the league? Of course you have".

"Stand up if you're Champions". (If you think I ceded to the pressure and stood up at this point - you don't know me.)

"Dance then wherever you may be, we are the famous CFC.."
And on, and on, and on it went. And then it went on some more. It was like having my teeth pulled - but the St James' Park experience was enough to keep me smiling. Then came;
"Should we sing a song, should we singa song, should we sing a song for you - ssshhhh" (This was starting to hurt - but the muted home fans did bring it on themselves).

"You're worse than Sunderland" (right - you f*%kers are starting to go a little far. It's like the old "and your mother" line - there are some things you just don't say. At St James' - that is one of them.)
But nothing could dampen my spirits yesterday - a 1 - 1 draw was a good result to keep Mark and I civil for the journey home.

I'll see if I can get some photo's up tomorrow. The Angle of the North (as promised Suz!), and a few other things in Newcastle, but to be honest - there was only one thing in Newcastle that mattered yesterday!