Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Friday, May 20, 2005

A hit and a miss, a very big miss

Both eBay purchases came into my possession yesterday, let us just say that the results were mixed.

The digy camera is great - not particularly flashy, [that's awful, just as well most of your audience are unlikely to click ;-) - Ed] but certainly adequate. It has the cabling I need to download the pics and takes 2 mins of video at a time (I can get a bigger memory stick for it if necessary as well), so all well and good on that front.

Then there was the £100 IBM ThinkPad. So called, I imagine, because your first reaction after plugging the friggin thing in is; 'I Think I might be better off with a Pad'. Oh, it is shite, bona fide shite. It is pants, bollocks and on the whole not very good.

What was I thinking!?!?!?

As bad as I am at complaining about things - I think this brick could be making its way back to the guy I bought it off. The only other option is to stick legs on it and satisfy my need for a bedside table.