Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Day one

Day one came and went very quickly. It started at the pub, I felt comfortable! I met the team and managed to make one or two 'connections'.

I have two days meeting our main vendors to start the week, so no soft landing by the looks, straight into it, which feels right. It's hard switching on again after a couple of months off, but the content and issues are eerily fimiliar.

The people I have encountered thus far have all been nice - I even had my boss texting me in the first few minutes of the Lions test winding me up (revenge was sweet - thanks boys), so being the new boy shouldn't be too uncomfortable.

It is nice to be sitting here on a Sunday afternoon, knowing what the next week has in store. I have definitely missed having that structure.

So all in all, things are well - and it continues the theme of things falling into place. The stars are in alignment, and I am happily following them. I expect that this week will have its share of 'moments' - and I'm looking forward to them.