Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Me at the Roman Baths where I had 'a moment'


The Roman Baths is the actual site where the Romans established their central meeting place when they settled in England just a few decades after the birth of JC. The stones were brought from Rome to construct authentic Baths, on the hot spring they found at Bath. The tour was great, and having studied Latin for three years - I felt a real affinity with the place.

'The moment' was not a 'blow me down I can't believe what I am seeing' kind of thing - more a prolonged reverence at the phenomenal ancientness of where I was. Ten minutes later, I am still struggling to explain it in words, suffice it to say - I loved it.

Bring on Rome!