Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

We cante Alicante

Miss Jones and I had lofty ambitions of organising a quick three day jaunt to Alicante in Spain. All was looking good until we got down to details and it appeared that budget airline pilots don't work Wednesdays - bastards!! Everything else was looking golden - but the only return flight would have had me getting back early Friday morning. With my first day at work on Friday, unfortunately that was a no go.

Not to be deterred, we set our sights slightly lower and we are going to Bath instead. Just a quick trip by train staying at The Francis (settle down Jaco, they do 2 single berths!)[That cut deep, didn't it? - Ed].

Plenty to see, dead keen to check out the Roman baths etc. The only language I know other than English will be about as much use to me as a trophy cabinet is to Newcastle United. I know the place has tradition - but I don't expect they will still be speaking Latin, even in Somerset...

Hopefully a few good pics to follow and a nice little sojourn before the real stuff begins next Friday.