Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

This was new

I have learned to expect and accept pretty much anything on the tube. On the way home tonight I parked up and started the eyes down reading routine, and at the next stop a chap sat down next to me. Nothing unusual there.

I glanced sideways to notice that this chap was a touch rough, he proceeded to pull out a little tin. 'Oh god, he's going to start chewing tobacco' I thought to myself. But no, this chap had a slightly different 'technique'.

I have seen people put various substances into their bodies using a wide range of techniques - but never have I seen loose tobacco directly up the nostril! It was disgusting, and the sniffing that followed was something else again.

That being my biggest 'issue' of the day - it is safe to say that all is well.