Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

A conundrum of sorts

Conscientious, whilst laudable, is not interesting. Isn't now - never has been.

So although things are going swimmingly at work, I fear kiwilog is in real danger of becoming about as exciting as an enlightening One News special investigation into the issues facing people with no arms, no legs and no heads (unattended torso's, if you will).

Example, today was another day with our main vendors. Things actually felt normal, in fact, I was rather chippy for someone that had been on the case for less than 2 days! Some would call it arrogance - a statement of intent I prefer to think of it as...

Tomorrow I am going to meet the outsourced Helpdesk providers to establish some new SLA's that, unbelievably, don't seem to exist. I have over 50 unread emails from today which all adds up to an almost prosaic feeling of parallelism to life back at Hudson. Unfortunately, it has the added effect of forming the basis of some of the dullest words ever to be considered fit for publishing....

Fear not - this site isn't going to turn into a Issues Log of my drama's at work... I have realised that I am simply going to have to wind up a few people on my daily commute, or get lippy in the pub to provide some more material for mildly interesting updates.

Posts in future could well read along the lines of, 'I was on the way to work - asked the person on the train next to me about The Lions, went down swinging at the 6th stop - lost by TKO. Goal for tomorrow, haggle with the chap selling The Big Issue..'