Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

A strange sort of home sickness

As you know, I have been a touch stressed of late and I have just figured out that blogging, as well as been a bit of fun, is also an abstruse way of feeling closer to home.

I often worry that when I blog (honestly) about being stressed, or that things are not going well, that Mum and those close to me will read it and worry that I am not happy etc. Well, I am pleased to report that I encountered a new emotion tonight, namely, 'wish you were here'ism'.

The last few days have been hellish - but tonight I got home and realised that I am well set up, in a pad that I love, earning good coin and living here in London town! Constantly exposed to new experiences, new sights, god knows new smells (I forecast some issues with the tubes in winter - but that is for another day), and I am loving it.

But, there are times, particularly after a shite day, where I would love to be able to see a sunny evening in prospect, pick up the phone and invite people close to me around for a barbie - much in the tradition of Apartment 24! I long for the traditional Monday night wines with Rhys and Rach.

Yet, as much as miss that - Mum and co, take it as a good sign that I am in a pad worthy of the invite; and that as much as I miss home - I would much rather I could have the lot of you here - if only for a quick barbie.

For those that don't know me particularly well, to me there are four things that matter.

Breathing

My Family

My four walls

The rest