Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Day one and we are 'live'

Today was day one of my roll out. A bit of a false start to be honest - as 'push won't come to shove' ('or the shit won't hit the fan' may be more appropriate) until our first major payroll run in a couple of weeks. It was nice to feel 'that project buzz' again on the way to work this morning. Damn that's sad - but it pays.

All is well so far - but as I say - early days.

Another thing it has thrown up is the prospect of a London winter. It is bleak today, and was well dark and raining on my way home. It is hard to imagine these circumstances married with a cozy 2 degrees. Oh well, that is a concern for another day - 11 million others deal it - I'm sure I'll cope.