Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Astrological Help

Today was really the first time that Kathryn and I had to have a fairly 'direct' discussion about the pro's and con's to various aspects of a database solution we are developing for one of our acquisitions. The details are irrelevant - but suffice it to say that we had some differing views (or 'we were coming at it from different angles' - I can't believe I pulled that out in my most placating [condescending if we're being honest - Ed] voice.

We got through that alright and proceeded to take the company through our proposal - united. We were working as a team and doing things my way.

So then on the tube on the way home I was wondering whether or not K was quietly pissed off with me. Diversion I thought! I pulled out the Metro - "Read our horoscopes" said she. She be Leo, me be Sag - away I went. So here are the Metro horoscopes for the 16th November 2005:
Leo

Inventing an Easter egg in the shape of a Christmas tree that can double as a firework may capture a few markets but is it a plan? Get real, get the deal.
Damn! Not even I would be that harsh (although if I had thought of the 'an Easter egg in the shape of a Christmas tree' line - I would have had to use it)! Surely it couldn't get any worse. Best I move swiftly onto reading mine and hope she doesn't pick up the all too unsubtle nuisance of her mystical message.
Sagittarius

Being in no doubt about what you want from a working situation is a good thing. Now all you have to do is convince someone else to back your plans.
Ah hah, now that didn't really help. At all! So a message to all you transcendental know it all types; a little tact, to make up for my lack of it, would be nice.