Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Crying bank - not baby

There was a bit of a heist here yesterday - and we are not talking causing infantile tears post lifting some candy - this was the full monty.

It was 'reportedly the largest robbery in Bristish history'. What!?!?! Reportedly??? You mean to say that there may have been a bigger one - but nobody knows about it? The victim didn't want the publicity - so kept it all a little bit quiet?

And then there is this headline from the BBC:

£2m reward for raid information

The 7.5 tonne lorry and a saloon car (Kent Police)

Police briefing
A £2m reward has been offered after armed robbers stole up to £50m in a raid on a Securitas depot in Kent.
Call me devious - but if I knew these guys - and where they were - I think I would negotiate directly for a little more than £2 million! Do I have some latent criminal disposition? Or just an eye for an opportunity?