Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I'm a geek, he was a Greek

Aristotle that is. Anecdotes related of him reveal him as a kindly, affectionate character, and they show barely any trace of the self-importance (sounds familiar). But that is by the by, really. What does matter is that he was a generally clever type and once said, 'Man is by nature a political animal'. And who am I to disagree? Well, if I were to disagree, I would still actually be me. But again - by the by. The point is, I don't.

So it is without fear of being labeled as a should get out more-geek, that I can tell you that I am as excited as a french man that has just invented a pair of self removing trousers (the pervy bugger). And they wondered why. 'Why?', said they.

Because I treat the first session of Parliament in much the same manner as the first day of the Premiership Season. It sounds like day one was a boarder line points victory to Dr Don - even if that was a by-product of low expectations! Either way, encouraging start and points to some good Parliamentary sport to come this season session.

I've printed most of the opening speeches from Scoop to read when time permits and will try to keep a straight face as I proffer my partisan pique commentary in the guise of thoughtful analysis.