Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Catch up

Apologies for being remise of late – busy busy and all that other boring stuff. But truth be known, things at work are heating up a touch. A step closer to a new owner, a new name (that mercifully does not feature the word ‘hot’ or ‘.com’) and all the fun and games that goes with a management buy out.

In truth, plenty of games – but a little light on the fun at this stage – but the lights are shining brightly on the horizon.

Just finished another payroll project – I swear to god the days of a cheque glad handed on a Thursday arvo must have been simpler! Never mind – job done.

A few long weekends lately have been squandered as a result – but that’s OK, it is only just turning summer and August is pencilled in (in permanent marker) as indulgence month.

About to hit the phone and catch up with folk back home, those who have been oft thought of – but seldom contacted!

It all sounds a bit woe is me melancholy melodramatics – but it isn’t at all! It is the way I have always reacted to being under a bit of pressure. Namely, caveman syndrome. Which I don’t mind – but know isn’t good.

Oprah save me, I am one short paragraph away from self indulgent pop psychology – so best I stop here. But a note to say all is well.

The highlight of the last couple of weeks has been reading Stephen Fry’s auto-biography which I have been tempted to quote at length – purely for its everyday brilliance. Somehow – plagiaristic guilt has prevented me thus far – but won’t for long I’m sure! The honesty of his writing has inspired me to attempt to write something of interest, insight and honesty on this page. I just have find the ability and get over the shyness first ;-)