Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Shock, sodding horror - he's gay

One thing that has stood out in the news for me recently is the elevation of Labours latest MP (replacing Jim Mutton) - and the relentless obsession with the fact that he is gay.




From Stuff:
'Charles Chauvel, 37, is a gay, meticulously groomed lawyer from Wellington. At 44 on Labour's list, he is first cab off the rank to enter Parliament.'
I worked with his partner Dave for a number of years and met Charles a few times - and bugger me [I'm assuming that was deliberate - Ed]- the man is normal.

The guy has had a few arrows thrown at him stemming from his time at the Lotteries Commission (on tax payers time) - that might be news worthy. But the fact that he is gay?!?! Is that really news these days?