Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

England out, oh well.

My World Cup is over with England emulating a Newcastle like penalty shoot out performance. Never mind - no more cause to spend a 30 degree plus day indoors. No bad thing I suppose.

Less than three weeks 'til Ma gets here, and not much longer after that until I start taking in Europe on the Love Boat! If any of you think that being on a cruise with your mother was going to be an impediment to hooking up - think again. I suspect mother has been researching the ancient art of the 'accidental bumping into', the thoughtful 'I think I have left the bath running, I'll just leave you two alone', and that old time fav, 'you two girls are far too pretty to be here on your own - don't you think love?' Should be a laugh. What goes on vessel stays on vessel I'm afraid!

God knows I am ready for a break; I might even leave the wife (lappy) at home - assuming I have my new email enabled phone that is! (Subtle Mark?!?!).

Newbie starts tomorrow, so I am thinking about how structure tomorrow morning. Need to ensure he doesn't feel out of his depth too early on. But seriously, 'Mines white no sugar', how hard can it be? Sure he will cope.