Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Sometimes it's the little things that stand out...

For the first time since I have been here I have been the recipient of a random 'gidday mate' on the street! As I say, it's the little things...

Over here it seems that you just don't do that. I think I have frecked a few people out simply by looking at them as they walk by. God almighty, you certainly wouldn't pull off the painstaking evaluations of passers by that some of us were sometimes guilty of on the Viaduct.

I am reminded of one of my favourite little maxims:
'A glad eye is a glad eye, but a lazy glad, that's a perve!'