Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Monday, July 04, 2005

My head hurts

My first full day of work was spent onsite with our vendors reviewing the next release of our primary database (a product that I had never seen!), and negotiating possible terms to move another 2 of our acquisitions onto the database in question. It was bloody hard work - it seemed and age that I had spent that long around a table that didn't have a Stella, an ash tray and a menu on it. But the subject matter was very familiar and I felt quite at home.

Absolutely knackered at the time of writing, and going back for another full day tomorrow. Nothing like getting straight into it! But in short, the people are nice, the role will be a challenge and the coin is good - so very happy.