Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Turn away Mother!

I imagine most people have seen the first of the campaign ads, and without launching into the pro's and con's of policy, I have to say I found the Nats first effort very encouraging. It's funny. For a political ad - it is catchy and clever.

What pleases me most is that National are trying to rebrand. Many times on My Right I implored them to lose 'the born to rule', 'blue blood image'. For gods sake - be human! If this ad represents the way they intend to present themselves for this Election (backed with sound policy) - then I am well pleased.

Click here or the ad (and other keynote speeches - just for the insomniacs out there).

Warning - the author of Kiwilog openly admits his complete inability to resist the temptation to turn his into a quasi political forum for the next month or so. The expected drop in readership is anticipated!