Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Post - the old fashioned type

I've just arrived home and checked the post, it is a nightly - vain hope - but what the hell - there might be at least a bill there - kind of a ritual.

Well, baste my Christmas puddings if there wasn't a wee parcel there for me from Mum! It wasn't until opening that I found a collection of largely left leaning cut outs from the papers back home re the Election (a suspect mother's 'cutting out'process may have been a touch selective!).

Anyways. Email is great, messenger is handy, Skype will be a winner - but Mands once said to me when she first moved over here that there is something altogether different about the written word, and she was right.

It was very cool to get something 'tangible' and 'authentic' from back home! Thanks Ma!