Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

One thing I did get sorted when I was back home was getting my thumb looked at by a surgeon in Wellington. His first words on sighting said thumb was 'ohh, yuk!' - not encouraging.

He diagnosed it in a minute or so - 'ruptured ACL mate'. 'Is that bad?' I replied. 'Yup'. He then proceeded to tell me of the joys that await.

Operation (thank god I am over here and will probably never actually get to the front of the line) and a couple of plates inserted in the thumb/wrist.

Now for someone whose biggest phobia is having foreign matter under his skin, this is not particularly appealing. A quick google search now gives me good reason to avoid the quack altogether! Below is a thumb with said plates.



No thanks me thinks! But I will sacrifice myself to do a social experiment on the state of the UK health system. Ouch.