Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Monday, February 13, 2006

No escape

I'm sat here in the dark - a power cut having knocked out our street and all within sight. After lighting the candles, I found myself gazing at the empty television screen. 'There's no pictures, there's no sound' I thought to myself.

Having taken a moment to congratulate myself on this searing insight - I thought about how many hours in a day are devoted to such hollow endeavours. Too many - clearly. And then it dawned on me.

Laptop has battery - 3G Card does not need power - problem solved. In the dark, cold kai - but still online. Wasted hours devoted to hollow endeavours? Not a bit of it!