Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Impeccable taste, but ye gods, talk about impatient

Just got the following email from Kiwigirl:

boo - im sick and grouchy.

two quick things:

1) i'm planning on being here for another 18mths - 2 years - so sometime
between then and now would work for me :) HAHA

2) you might want to make sure you are ok with the blog

K
In terms of the first point - whilst I think '18mths to 2 years' is a realistic and achievable timeframe for hooking up for a wine - I do have to say that I, like a Mainland cheese, don't like to be rushed.

The second point refers to her post this morning that contains this paragraph:
It's funny - meeting up with Frit actually has nothing at all whatsoever to do with wanting to shag him. I included Frit as one of the numbers because he's kind of been in the back of my mind for months. If Frit and I met and we didn't get on (which I find unlikely) I would probably be most upset because I talk alot of shit with this guy about whats going on, and he amuses and entertains me. He is more random than I am - and thats hard to find. Its hard to explain really. But if that suddenly went away - I would miss it. Having said all of that, it seems completely ridiculous to live in the same city as him, and not meet for a drink. So I guess at some stage, a drink will happen.
Me thinks she has stumbled on something here - what if we don't get on?!?!? I have reflected on this previously - what if I am not funny, witty, intellegent and charming in person??? No seriously - as fanciful as that proposition seems, I think we have to at least consider the possibility - what if I am not?

Perhaps I like the whole Blog/Online thing because I am inherently shy? That is not to say that I consider myself introverted, but shy - I think so. Our good friend wikipedia helps us here:
Shyness is not directly related to introversion. Introverts choose to avoid social situations because they derive no reward from them, and may find the extra sensory input overwhelming. Shy people fear such situations and feel that they must avoid them.
People that know me will make a strong case for me just being plain old fashioned lazy - they may have a point.

Gods toenails!!! I fear we are knocking on the door of the haunted house of introspection, nay, fairly ringing the bell. Best pick this one up later...