Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Positive Reinforcement

Here's my bosses attempts at positive reinforcement:

Mark: 'But one of the reasons I hired you is because you are a bit of an oddball'.

Queue quizzical, almost aggrieved expression from me.

Mark: 'No, no - I meant it in a good way. Honestly!'

At this point I am still doing 'hurt' - certainly not surprised - but hurt...

Mark: 'Well, what I mean is - well, you wouldn't exactly describe yourself as normal - would you?'

Me: 'F*&k it!!! Harsh - but fair', I am no longer doing 'hurt' but more displaying the sort of overt extrinsic braggadocio that comes with having a rather casual relationship with any kind of 'norm'.

But if you're the Boss, you let it go don't you? The Bastard!! I'll give him bloody not normal - just as soon as I finish with Ed and have taken 2 leaves from 3 trees, deciduous trees of course. [The conversation we have to have could take some time - Ed]