Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Mykonos

Hi all - not got long, so have just copied an email I sent on behalf of Ma below:
Hi all - Frit here sending you all best wishes and a quick update from Ma.

We are in the stunning Mykonos today - Ma is out trying to impoverish the local retailers with her gentle battering style!

In general - everything, as you would expect, has been amazing - and then some. The boat is fab - the food dangerously good and the whole organisation of it all fantastic.

Everything is so easy and independent - the floating 'Hi-De-Hi' I had feared has not presented itself at all. The only thing that is pants is the Internet set up on board! Dodgy keyboards and an even dodgier connection - painful to the point of being unusable. Deep down I think Ma is happy with that as I have not reserved a permanent seat in the Internet cafe - just as well I have email and Internet on my phone!!

Mother would like to have sent you a message herself, but the daily routine of get up, full breakfast, walk in town, sightseeing or shopping depending on the location, first beer typically around 12pm (any earlier would be a little unclassy), back to the boat to do our bit making King Prawns a newly endangered species and it is up to the top deck and pool to sail away. 5.45 for Cocktails and it is off into the sunset. This, a you can well imagine has placed extreme pressures on her time!!

Dinner and wines to follow and the Jenny Craig tour rolls on (we will quite literally be rolling before long). The night time entertainment is relentless. 3 full size theatres, more bars than a cell at Her Majesty's in Wellington Central and typically fall into bed around midnight.

Tomorrow we shall wake in another part of the world (Santorini tomorrow from memory) and be forced to do it all again. Tough life this.

Ma and I are loving it - so best get back to it! But we hope you are all well.

Ma would love to hear from you - so please reply to this email address and Ma can pick up your replies from my phone.

Ciao bella's
Frit and Ma

BTW - I met my wife to be in a shop in Corfu - she is going to go to NZ in a couple of years, so I told her I would catch up with her there, brilliant. Shame on those of you that thought I would not get amongst it!
So as you can gather, all well, apart from the bloody Internet set up!