Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Men in coats

Not dodgy men in long grey coats either. No, I am talking a never ending array of men in brightly coloured coats - some happy to help you, others busting the guts to ticket you - no matter what it is - there is a man in a coat. The ones that get you are the "Community Support Officers", whom supposedly failed the full Police entry test - but still get a uniform that is essentially undifferentiated from the real thing. They are seriously everywhere.

An interesting way to keep unemployment down I suppose? That got me wondering. How can a place so seemingly archaic be so successful? I guess I will find out in good time.