Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

High enough in the food chain to influence grazing time!

Happy to report that today was one very rewarding day in my working life! Having been thrown into what seemed like the bottomless end, today, a breakthrough of sorts.

My first decision of real import was to inform the MD and Finance Director that one of the timeframes that they had dictated for a major roll out (prior to my arrival) was for to aggressive (read - so risky it was borderline madness). The difference this time, compared to my time at Hudson, was that they heard my case, challenged it, and then accepted my recommendation.

After years of just having to make things happen and fire fight - this time I was in a position to influence the direction of things up front. I was a touch apprehensive thinking that it may be interpreted as me effectively missing my first deadline - but it wasn't - and god it felt good.