Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Arachnophobia, over rection and harming yourself

Picture this, you have wet hands - you shake them with a little flick to rid them of water. You have sand on your feet - shake shake with a little hokey pokey action, not a prob. Something lands on your head, it is dismissed with a nonchelont nod.

Now picture this. Frit hangs up the phone, heads to his bedroom, looks down and sees a not insignificant sized spider pearched on his shoulder - trending upwards. This f*&ker was not the size of a hand - but was well big enough to give me the fear.

I almost put my shoulder out. You simply can not make a jerking action, of the variety required to dislodge one of these bastards, with your shoulder. If you doubt me - try it in a quiet moment. I was giving it the full Peter Garrett, 'Beds are Burning' treatment - nothing doing.

I eventually managed to get my top off with my other arm and proceeded to river dance all over it - probably not good karma - but karma was the last thing on my mind at the time.