Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

A British 'contributor'

The other good news of the day was that today I became a 'real Brit' - I got paid! Tony Blair can now class me as an asset. The bugger pockets over a grand sterling a month from me...

A cursory glance at what that leaves for the royal bank of Frit is encouraging though. Over the weekend I will try to put together a relative price index between here and home - based on basic items against my post tax income.

I know that rent will be more here, but other than that I have a sneaking suspicion that London will work out as being cheaper, relative to my earnings here. In the name of fairness, the table will not be weighted - as vino is cheap as chinese here, and the dodgy cat dealer around the corner will service me with 'special' (I don't ask questions) fried rice for 2 pounds!

Those two items combined could distort things wildly!