Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Empathy and every other bloody emotion

I am sitting here as hyper as four year old on half a dozen red bulls. Getting a power of work done with Talking Heads blocking the rest of the world out - for the most part anyway.

But I am also nervous, excited, apprehensive and any other emotion you care to think of. I am feeling them, and feeling it in spades. Why?

A very good friend of mine is about to resign and I am taking the ride with her. She is very excited about the new opportunity (as any sane person would be - I'll explain later), but understandably a bit wired up about having to tell her boss. So why am I so wound up sitting here?

Let's just say I have a vested interest...