Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

What does 'this' say about me?

I had a discussion with someone yesterday about what I blogged about, did I restrain myself when it came to the personal stuff, was I guarded - or did I just let fly? I suppose I sit somewhere in the middle really. I have never considered this an online diary in the Brigette Jones sense of the word - more a group email with a self selecting audience.

The irony being that this conversation was had on the same day that my boss, Mark, happened across kiwilog. Cue - panic!

It was funny actually - I think he and I were reading the same words at exactly the same time. The difference being that he was learning a lot about me - where as I was bolting through every post looking for anything that I didn't want known!

Then there was the messenger conversation with Mark that referred to a certain post headed "Trainspotter?", in which I publicly refer to my boss lining up at midnight to buy the latest Harry Potter book. Not ideal! Then the post on freezing in a presentation last week. Bugger.

Mark and I get on well (use the comments to clear this up if I have it wrong Mark - me knows you're watching ;-)!) - and overall - no harm done. He has also assured me that he respects the fact that there is a lot written here that I wouldn't want others at work to read. Not because any of it is mind blowingly personal, particularly revealing, or even interesting - but there is certainly more than I would tell people I work with over a beer.

Kiwilog also shows that I have emotions - a fact that 90% of the people at Hudson didn't get to know this until the speech at my leaving do after 7 years. I don't feel like losing that strategic advantage here after less than 7 months!

Anyways - I am still pondering the future of kiwilog - but I happily accept that if I 'put it out there' then it is there to be found, by anyone...