Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Menage-a-blog!

The recent 'boy' meets 'girl' online carry on has stirred some interest of late, as well as raised a whole lot of questions at my end. As much fun as it is - it does raise some real questions about what happens when it comes to 'crossing over to the real world'.

It is easy to have an innocent bit of fun online, to flirt, to size eachother out. All sorts. But I tend to be extremely risk averse when it comes to commiting myself to 'actually doing anything' - not to mention not being in a position to do anything for a myriad of reasons.

Well, a similar sort of scenario presented itself again today - well sort of...

David Farrar, of www.kiwiblog.co.nz fame, let it be known that he would be in London for a breif spell earlier this month. So I thought I would extend the London invitation and ask him if he wanted to hook up for a beer - unexpectedly, he called today to arrange the hook up. Now, DPF is somewhat of an authority on the local blogging scene, and like a binary programmer, I have a tendency to put one and one together.

Why not have DPF facilitate the meeting between me and Girl?

We could all meet, chat, do the sorts of things that you do when you meet someone that you don't 'really' know. And then, and here's the kicker, agree a mutual time to publish thoughts on the evening and compare our different takes on the experience.

I have run the idea past Girl and she is not opposed - I am yet to run the idea past DPF - but what leading blogging authority could possibly refuse? Hook up scheduled for next week.

This is all a touch unusual!