Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Sometimes some of us just need a 'little push'

I have been thinking about getting out into a place of my own for a while now - particularly in light of all the people that are due to come visiting from NZ! The problem with me is that that is the sum total of the progress on the 'get your own pad' project - thinking about it.

This is not uncommon for me though, I first started thinking about coming to London after varsity (circa 1998), arrival date April 2005....

One of the reason for dallying so much on the moving out front has been avoiding 'that conversation' with Buzz. I know, rationally, that there is no reasoning for this. Ours is a commercial relationship, an arrangement more than a relationship really. People come and go, that is the way these things work. Which is why I took it particularly well when she told me that was going!

Yup - Buzz has a friend what needs helping out and wants to do her a favour by offering her the room. I also think she is keen on a flatmate she might see occasionally - rather than a shiny egg shell type of image behind a laptop screen - but she was decent enough not to say as much. Bless.

So to things practical - I must find lodgings, not that airy 'I must remember to buy a lotto ticket this week' kind of must either. Homeless in London town is not what I had in mind when I started planning back in '98.

A couple to look at tonight - I'll be interested to see what NZD 30,000 per annum gets you. Ouch!