Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The Interview - Part 1

I had the job interview this morning. All went well - but I think I was being a touch unrealistic to expect instant gratification and a sack of pounds on the way out the door.

It turns out that it was by luck that they got my CV and wanted to talk to me - if things goes well - they will flick the incumbent for me - nice (nothing like being the bad guy straight off the bat). The interview went well enough, had a hour with the MD talking broadbrush and then an hour talking geek with the new IT Director (whom I had worked with breifly in Oz - bonus!).

Second half went particularly well - I was happy enough with what I offered and didn't feel nervous at all. Being on tour just sets you at ease somehow.

The bugger is that it could be up to 2 weeks before I hear anything. So I will look at other options in the meantime (so long as I am not too busy happily arranging all of my eggs into the one little basket....).