Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Well - 'sacred blue' indeed

I'm afraid that that is just about the extent of my grasp of the French language - even after a quick trip to France this weekend.

I have just got back from a flying visit to France and Belguim. However, am absolutely knackered - so will post a full update on the trip tomorrow - needless to say my first foray into a non-English speaking country was an experience. A fantastic one at that.

They say you come to London to use it as a base to see Europe - they are right. Having just watched the Saturday lunchtime game of footy on the box at Kathryn and Mark's, laid out on the couch feeling a touch seedy, we thought it may be nice to go to France for dinner, so we did! More to follow...